Job Type: Full Time
Job Title: Junior Software Developer
Job Location: London, ON
The Kent Group is seeking to fill the position of Junior Developer to build new data management applications, enhance existing applications and enhance/maintain the existing company websites. The successful applicant will have completed a minimum 2 or 3 year program in software application development and be able to demonstrate proficiency in both software design and development.
The successful applicant’s role will include (but not be limited to):
- Working on new projects as need arises.
- Participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Improving and enhancing existing systems.
- Creation of accurate project estimates.
- Participate in database design and development.
- Assisting with day-to-day technical support for the office.
The successful applicant should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be a self-starter and work well in both supervised and unsupervised environments.
- Have excellent organizational skills.
- Be an effective communicator through both oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of content management systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of CRM systems is desirable.
- Database proficiency or strong interest a plus.
- Be proficient in the following technologies:
- Web development (ASP.NET)
- MS SQL Server
- Entity Framework
What we Offer:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits package.
- Company matched pension plan.
- Canadian company with access to global resources
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Diverse project work.
- Fast-paced development environment on new and existing projects.
- Intentional professional/personal development.
Who We Are:
Kent is part of the Kalibrate Group of Companies
Kent’s objective, timely and accurate data and its data-driven consulting expertise have placed it at the forefront of the downstream petroleum industry in Canada for decades. Kent is recognized as an authority in marketing economics, performance measurement and benchmarking, price/margin reporting/analysis and regulation, and industry economic research and analysis.
Kalibrate has advised fuel and convenience retailers worldwide on how to be best-in-class operators in the fast-changing marketplace. Kalibrate brings together global strategic expertise and data science with software solutions to become the authority in fuel pricing, location planning, market data, and traffic count data. These solutions have been deployed in over 70 countries with hundreds of clients of all sizes, including oil companies, convenience stores, and supermarkets.
Kent Group Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please submit resumes and covering letter to: jabutt @ kentgroupltd.com