The number of retail gasoline outlets in Canada increased in 2015 ending a decade long trend of contraction in the Canadian fuels marketplace.
The 2015 National Retail Petroleum Site Census, researched and published by the Kent Group Ltd, is a comprehensive enumeration of the petroleum retail outlet population in Canada. This is a unique study: there is no other single industry or governmental source of such information.
Click here to go to our product shop: Purchase
*New this year: Purchase of the 2015 census will include a PDF version of the report as well as all appendices in Excel spreadsheet format.
Click the link here to read the executive summary: Executive Summary
- trends in site operation;
- pump price control;
- retail gasoline outlet representation by province;
- provincial throughput efficiency;
- refiner-marketer and marketer-retailer relationships
- retail landscape;
- regional distributors and non-traditional petroleum marketers;
- retail relationships and control over assets;
- outlet features and offerings;
Appendices listing details:
- by brand;
- by marketer;
- brand ownership;
- traditional vs. non-traditional listings;
- pump price control listing.
For further information, contact Jason Parent at 519-672-7000 ext 112.
The Kent Group Ltd is a London-based consultancy specializing in the petroleum refining and marketing industry. The Kent Group Ltd publishes the Weekly Pump Price Survey, Canada’s authoritative source of petroleum prices. Our clients span a wide range of government, NGO and industry organizations with an interest in downstream petroleum issues. A full description of our consulting services is available on our web site.